Living with an ileostomy can seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be.
My Other Bag’s a Prada: Quick and Dirty Tips for Surviving an Ileostomy gives you a first-hand, non-medical perspective about what to expect from your ostomy and how to cope successfully day-to-day.
Through a straightforward blend of practicality and humor, you’ll learn:
- how to survive the physical consequences and emotional impact of having an ostomy
- how to choose your appliance, your accessories, and how to change your bag
- how to cope with odor, leaks, obstructions, and skin damage
- what to pack in your survival kit, what to put in your mouth, and what to do when you leave the house
- how to dress, how to have sex, and how to deal with healthcare professionals
- what to expect from the ignorant public, how to use social media, and how to enjoy your stay in the hospital
Whether you’ve just gotten your ileostomy, or you’ve had it for years, if you’re determined to own it like a boss, this book is for you.
If you’d rather suffer blow-outs and bagtastrophies, have no sense of humor about your stoma, and hate puppies and sunshine, DON’T BUY THIS BOOK!