Being diagnosed with ulcerative colitis can be overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be.
Not Completely Shit: Quick and Dirty Tips for Surviving Ulcerative Colitis gives you a first-hand, non-medical perspective about what to expect from your illness and how to get through it with your sanity intact.
Through a unique blend of practicality and humor, you’ll learn
- how to cope with the physical consequences and emotional impact of ulcerative colitis
- what to pack in your survival kit, what to put in your mouth, and what to do when you leave the house
- how to dress, how to have sex, and how to deal with healthcare professionals
- what to expect from the ignorant public, how to use social media, and how to enjoy your stay in the hospital
And most important:
- how to put on your big boy/girl pants and deal with it
Whether you’ve just been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, or you’ve struggled with it for years, if you’re determined not to let your illness define you, this book is for you.
If you’d rather wallow in self-pity, have no sense of humor about your illness, and hate kittens and babies, DON’T BUY THIS BOOK!