Finally getting your j-pouch is exciting, but your new life may not turn out exactly as you planned.
Unicorn Farts and Glitter: Quick and Dirty Tips for Surviving a J-Pouch gives you a first-hand, non-medical perspective about what to expect from your j-pouch and how to manage it successfully.
Through her usual blend of practicality and humor, you’ll learn
- how to cope with the physical consequences and emotional impact of having a j-pouch
- how to regain all of the satisfaction of flatulence without any the follow-through
- how to manage pouchitis, cuffitis, obstructions, strictures, and skin care
- what to pack in your survival kit, what to put in your mouth, and what to do when you leave the house
- how to dress, how to have sex, and how to deal with healthcare professionals
- how to use social media, how to enjoy your stay in the hospital, and what to expect from non-pouchers
Whether you’ve just gotten your j-pouch, or you’ve had one for years, if you’re determined to make the most of it, this book is for you.
If you’d rather pretend that you’re normal, have no sense of humor about your j-pouch, and hate unicorns and rainbows, DON’T BUY THIS BOOK!
Check out the reviews on Goodreads