I think it’s well-established by now that I love me some chocolate, and I love me some Bristol Stool Chart. Well, I also love me some cookies. I’ve made a round, lemon version of these before, but this chocolate version is even better! Even my mum and dad, who are a bit bewildered as to why I keep making poop-themed food, didn’t hesitate to nom-nom on these.
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Grease two baking sheets with butter or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together on medium speed until creamed, about 3-4 minutes. Add eggs and beat on medium speed until blended. Add vanilla and beat again until blended.
- Add the flour mixture and beat on low speed until just combined.
- Using a dessert spoon, scoop up a portion of dough and roll in to a log shape between your hands.
- Roll the log in the confectioners’ sugar until covered and place the balls on the baking sheet. Repeat, spacing the logs about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the logs until they are crackled and puffed, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes. If your cookies have become very flat, squeeze the sides gently as they cool to reform a log shape.