If you would like to serve poo-poo meringues at your next party, here’s what you’ll need:
4 egg whites
1 ⅓ cups sugar
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp cream of tarter
Brown gel food coloring
Round icing tip (#12 or larger)
Yellow nonpareils (ball sprinkles)
Before you start: Ensure that your egg whites are at room temperature; they’ll incorporate more air.
1. Preheat oven to 150-170°F (65-76°C).
2. Line baking trays with parchment paper.
3. Separate egg yolks from egg whites. Let the whites come to room temperature. If you are using eggs whites
from a carton, first measure out what you need, then return carton to the fridge (2 tbsp = 1 large egg white).
4. Using an electric mixer, beat eggs at medium speed until white and foamy. Add in salt and cream of tartar and
continue to beat until soft peaks form.
5. Increase the speed of your beaters and slowly add sugar. Beat continuously while adding sugar until firm peaks
6. Add in the food coloring until the meringue reaches the desired color.
7. Continue beating until stiff peaks are formed.
8. Fill your piping bag with your meringue.
9. Pipe coils of meringue onto the parchment paper (about 1 inch by 1 inch).
10. Sprinkle poo-poo with nonpareils.
11. Bake in the oven for approximately 2 hours, then turn oven off. Leave meringues in cooling oven for another